School board meetings are typically the third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
David Beltz, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirby Vest, Treasurer email@example.com
Wade Blake, Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Myra Glor, Member email@example.com
Suzanne Powers, Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Long, Secretary email@example.com
John Maddux, Vice-President firstname.lastname@example.org
The central purpose of the Dallas County R-I School Board of Education is to assure that student achievement is the central goal of the school district. The goal of our school board is to take every step they can to assure that every student is learning, in every subject, every year, no matter what.
The Dallas County R-I School Board of Education typically meets on the third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Occasionally the meeting date is changed in due to conflicts in school calendars or holidays. Check the main school calendar for meeting locations and dates.
- Clarify the district purpose
- Connect with the community
- Employ the Superintendent of Schools
- Delegate authority
- Monitor district performance
- Take responsibility for themselves
- Manage the day to day operation of the school district
- Evaluate teachers or building principals
- Give direct instructions to any school employee except the Superintendent of Schools, and then only when acting as a board of 7 members.
1. All communication will go through either the Superintendent or the Assistant Superintendent. It is not necessary to channel the communication through the President of the Board.
2. Patrons with complaints or concerns will be listened to but then redirected through the Superintendent. School Board Members will provide advanced notice to administration when possible of complaints that are raised from the community.
3. School Board Members agree that they will not approach or promote communication through school employees.
4. School Board Members agree and understand that they have no authority individually and will not offer opinions outside the board meetings.
5. School Board Members are in a unique position to champion the cause for the district. As they are typically well known and trusted they can offer explanations that help the community to understand the bigger picture and some of the complexities of the operations of the district. (instead of allowing sympathy parties)
6. School Board Members will carefully guard the amount of their participation if the issue affects their children or relatives.
7. School Board Members agree that transparency is imperative and that hidden agendas are counterproductive to the effort.
8. School Board Members will not show up at locations without prior approval of Superintendent.
9. School Board Members will not surprise administration at board meetings.
10. School Board members will protect the confidential aspects of closed session and will refrain from inappropriate discussion outside of board meetings.
Communication with the Dallas County R-I School Board of Education may be made in written form by sending communications to the following address:
Dallas County School Board of Education309 W. Commercial
Buffalo, MO 65622
Due to state law, persons wishing to speak at school board meetings must be placed on the meeting agenda. If you wish to speak to the school board you should send a letter to the Superintendent of Schools Robin Ritchie. Within the letter you should include your name, address and telephone number, the nature of the information you will be sharing with the school board, and any steps you have already taken to seek help with your concern prior to coming to the school board. This letter must be received in the Superintendent's office at 309 W. Commercial, Buffalo, MO 65622 at least 5 business days prior to the school board meeting that you would like to speak.